ABOUT OUR HIGH SCHOOL
We're located in the Pullman/Roseland neighborhood, in a beautifully renovated wing of 10909 South Cottage Grove Avenue, right next door to the Pullman National Monument. Because the Monument is a National Park Site, we're one of the only high schools in the country located on National Park grounds! To access our main entrance, enter the gates off of South Cottage Grove, drive past the first parking lot, and make a left. Our parking lot and front door are at the back of the building (the front wing of the building is used for Salem Church's offices). You'll see our sign and our signature blue door!
Nearby our campus, besides the beautiful Pullman National Monument, are a number of great businesses and community organizations, including the Pullman Blue Door Neighborhood Center, Gately Park Stadium, Old Fashioned Donuts, One Eleven Food Hall, a Gotham Greens warehouse, a Method factory, and chains such as Culver's, Potbelly, Walmart, and McDonald's.
Our first class of seniors graduated in the spring of 2021 with
- 100% college acceptance as a class
- 202 acceptances to four-year colleges or universities
- $3.6 million in merit-based financial aid
In the last round of school ratings (2018-2019), our high school was rated as a Level 1, with results as a whole higher than every other high school in a three mile radius.
In the 2021 5Essentials survey, we received a rating of Well Organized, which is the highest possible result and the only official data recorded for the 2020-2021 school year.
The Pride of 2022 has also had excellent results thus far in the 2021-2022 school year:
On the most recent SAT, their average score increased by 45 points. In comparison, CPS as a district grew 11 points, and state scores on average dropped by 75 points.
This year's seniors have also already earned 189 college acceptances and $1,069,500 in merit-based financial aid (as of February 3, 2022). These schools include the University of Alabama, Baylor, Clark Atlanta, UIC, Loyola, Michigan State, Morehouse, North Carolina A&T, Purdue, Ohio State, and more.
All are welcome at Chicago Collegiate High School!
Our student body includes:
- Scholars who identify as Black or African American (96%), Latino (3%) and Mixed (1%)
- Scholars who identify as LGBTQIA
- Scholars of all genders
- Scholars with diverse interests
- Scholars who are young parents
- Scholars who are diverse learners
- Scholars with disabilities
- Scholars of all abilities and future plans
- Scholars in transitional living situations
We strive to provide a unique, high-quality high school experience to our scholars that rivals that of the top high schools in other parts of Chicago. Our program includes:
- Small class sizes
- Individualized and personalized academic attention including (P)SAT preparation
- Dedicated college-prep courses through OneGoal and partnership through the college application and enrollment process
- Support in applying for high-quality supplemental Chicago programs such as Chicago Scholars and Posse (with proof of a high rate of acceptance)
- Individualized college counselor support and career prep
- Leadership opportunities
- Caring, committed, supportive, experienced teachers and leaders (43% with advanced degrees)
- Spirit of service and service hour graduation requirement
- College acceptance graduation requirement
- Sports and activities including Basketball, Cheerleading/Dance, Track, Spanish, Student Council, National Honor Society, Choir, Drumline, African American Studies, Money Moves, Web Design, African American Music, Film Studies, Law, Knitting, Anime, LGBTQAI Club, Driver's Ed
- Numerous AP courses and/or college dual-enrollment options
- Dedicated Advisor for each scholar
- Social Worker support and groups
- College visits and trips, including overnight opportunities and tours
- Field trips, mentoring, shadowing, internship opportunities
- Family-centered approach
- Collaborative, relevancy-focused learning
- Data-driven approach and rigorous curriculum
- Flexible upperclassmen schedules to accommodate internships and leadership opportunities
- A social justice stance and unwavering belief that we will change the world
Collegiate scholars said...
"I love Chicago Collegiate because they helped me see the true leader I am, Also, they disciplined me when I was wrong but in a way that i grew from it and was able to bounce back. My favorite part about Collegiate is the one on one assistance, being able to have help when I really need it and they allow me to not be afraid to say I need help."
"Chicago Collegiate has positively influenced my life by showing me that they care about my education. They have been helping prepare for college and have shown me the campuses of various colleges before we even started applying to colleges. They have been preparing us for life outside of school which is really cool because we don't have many high schools near us that care that much. I also love that the school shows passion for all of their students' educations because it shows students like me that we matter."
"I love Collegiate because they make me feel at home. They gave me a family and a home I'll cherish forever. They also help me go above and beyond in everything I do. Also, it influenced me because it prepared me for the future and obstacles in life."
"Chicago Collegiate has impacted my life by helping me seeing my true potential. Collegiate has made me destined for greatness by helping me stay motivated and on track to meet my goals, that's why I love Collegiate."
"Chicago Collegiate was a blessing in disguise. It gave me the education I needed, the experience I wanted, and the friends I have today. My favorite part about Collegiate is the teachers that help me improve on what I'm learning in life and in class."
"Chicago Collegiate is an impeccable high school with kind and caring staff who do their best to ensure that students get what they need to go to and through college. I love Chicago Collegiate because of the connections I have made with my teachers and my peers because it has helped me develop both as a learner and as an individual."
Collegiate parents and guardians said...
"The teachers really care about the scholars and I think that’s where success starts in any school."
-10th grade parent
"The people are caring, and wonderful. They help students get to where they wanna be."
-9th grade guardian
"Very good & attentive teachers. They put forth effort to have open & informative relationships with the parents."
-10th grade guardian
"Loving staff and I love this school; my son is doing great there."
-11th grade parent
"Great attention to detail and obvious concern for each student."
-11th grade parent
"They have great staff and are family oriented and I just love it."
-12th grade guardian
"The way you teach the students... they push them to be better and most of all you offer the children every opportunity to become GREAT!!"
-9th grade guardian
"The staff really care about the students!! They are making sure they provide quality instruction!! The Administration is making sure that they make sound decisions and keep all stakeholders informed!! The teachers are simply the best and go over and beyond to make sure the scholars are being given proper instruction and quality education to make it to the next level!! They are providing not only the educational skills that it takes to get into top colleges, but life survival skills as well."
-10th grade parent