Our School Finances
Each year, CPS rates all charter schools on several key metrics of financial health. Our school’s most recent available scorecard is linked here:
Our fiscal year starts on July 1 and ends on June 30 of the following year. Our most recently completed fiscal year was FY22, which ended on June 30, 2022. Our total budget in FY22 was approximately $6.8M. We are projecting a similar budget total in FY23.
Sources of Funding
The pie chart below breaks down the various sources of our revenue. We are approximately 93% publicly funded via city/state/federal funding, mostly based on per-pupil formulas, as well as our student poverty index. About 7% of our funds are privately raised; we receive minimally significant amounts from student fees and other sources.
The pie chart below breaks down how we spent our funds in FY22.
- Direct Student Costs include curriculum, classroom supplies, educational materials, uniforms, enrichment opportunities, special events (graduation, prom, etc.), student incentives, and meal services, among others.
- Personnel Costs are salaries, benefits, payroll taxes, etc. - all costs associated with the teachers and administrators who run the school.
- Occupancy Costs are the funds it takes to rent and maintain our school buildings.
- Office Administration Costs include payroll and HR services, accounting and auditing services, printers and copy machines, telecommunications, tech support, and other expenses needed to run school offices and enable staff to do their jobs.
- Other Costs are primarily fees and debt service.
Capital Expenses are large investments we make in our facilities, equipment, and technology - e.g. in FY22, we renovated our girls’ bathrooms at our middle school and purchased 100 new student Chromebooks to upgrade our inventory.
Our public copy of our 990 and our annual audit report are available upon request. Please email [email protected] and we will send the file(s) to you within 5 business days (during the academic year - please expect a delay during school breaks when staffing is minimal).